Features and Functions
Models of decision making behavior are the most important knowledge that your business has about itself
Agile data definition
- Import XML schemas that define all of your data – in and out
- Mark the schema elements that are ‘decision outputs’
- Hide irrelevant data
- Repeat as often as necessary to align your data and decision models
Tool assisted decision definition
- All actions are point and click, so no syntax to learn.
- You only type in the names (and optionally, descriptions) of things; no coding!
- Naming is your own, thereby creating a private vocabulary (an "idiom").
- Use the drag and drop, mind-mapping style Decision Palette to build the 'Decision Model' - the key to IDIOM's successful decision automation approach.
- Use the drag and drop Formula Palette to assemble the logic for individual decisions - like using lego, and 'more fun than playing golf'.
Decision models built with IDIOM Decision Manager will generate correct executable code. Unfortunately, despite hundreds of in-built validations and common-sense checks, the IDIOM Decision Manager cannot protect you from declaring the wrong logic for your decision processing, so it also provides extensive testing capabilities for you to use right on your desktop.
Tool assisted testing
- Test data can be immediately created within the GUI and tested interactively.
- The Decision Model palette becomes a testing template for the user to verify the models produced.
- Step by step presentation of all logic, algebra, and business rule operations can be used for finding logic errors.
- All test cases can be recorded and may be used for subsequent regression testing.
- The on-board 'Test Executive' can be used for large scale regression testing, including model answer differencing.
Management and documentation
- Generate business readable, stylized 'logical English' documents for the entire model, reducing the need for external documentation.
- Link IDIOM models to source requirements with the IDIOM Tracker for complete requirements traceability.
- Effective date all formulas and reference data, with effective dating automatically managed by the tool and the runtime.
- Use extensive 'where used' capabilities for impact analysis and rule maintenance.
- Use templates to build and publish best practice models.
- Track all design changes by user and session for a complete audit of changes made.
- Both external and internal reference data tables are supported.
- Runtime performance is fast; decisions models are deployed as compiled components for the Java and/or DotNET platforms.
- Signed code generation can be used to ensure fully documented and audit-controlled deployment of all production models.
- Sample code for a wide range of integration options, including wrappers for web services, queue services, remote calling, and many other proprietary containers is provided.